Quality Specialist - 1631613
🌟 Job Opportunity: Quality Specialist 🌟
📌 Location: Greendale, IN 47025 🌆(Job available for Local candidates within 50 miles radius only) 🏞️
💲 Pay Rate: $19 to $24 per hour as W-2 by contract💰
📅 Period: 6 months (Temp to Hire)
⌚ Shifts: Onsite work, Mon-Thurs 4:00 PM to 2:30 AM, Fridays as needed 🗓️
Responsible for auditing the products and processes at various points in the areas of production and packaging to ensure adherence to company quality standards. Communicate any deviations to management. Assist the Quality Assurance team with special projects as required. Comply with SQF, Food Safety Plan (HACCP), Food Quality Plan (FQP) standards. Alternate cover: QA Specialist II
• Conduct thorough and detailed quality audits of lines to ensure products meet established quality standards.
• Equipment verification including: metal detector, x-ray, scales, etc.
• Audit paperwork of operators to ensure they are meeting quality standards
• Report any deviations to QA Supervisor in complete appropriate details.
• Report any housekeeping issues that need attention.
• Document all areas of non-compliance and insure corrective action to eliminate them.
• Work with Production and Packaging Managers, Supervisors, and hourly associates on daily issues and problems
• Utilize computer to enter and track result data
• Comply with SQF, Food Safety Plan (HACCP), Food Quality Plan (FQP) standards.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance to FDA and cGMP standards for Quality Control, including continuous training.
• Responsible for ensuring Dietary Supplement’s Identity, Purity, Strength and Quality.
• Alternate cover: QA Specialist II.
• Participate in all necessary training is required to successfully perform job responsibilities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• For business and safety reasons, must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in written English.
• High School Diploma. BS in Food Science or related major is preferred.
• Ability to communicate with all line level positions and management
• Attention to detail
• Self starter and must be able to work independently with minimum supervision
• Able to assert himself / herself effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills are essential. Ability to develop cross functional and multinational relationships to support interaction with various internal customers.
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to read and follow documents (Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods)
• Knowledge of GMP and Quality systems
• Knowledge of spoken Spanish is a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The position requires working in a humid and warm environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is required to sit, climb or balance and taste or smell.
The position requires a great deal of walking and standing, approximately 85%.
If you're ready to make a meaningful impact in quality assurance and be part of our dynamic team, apply today! 🚀🧪🔍 #QualityAssurance #JobOpportunity #SanFrancisco